Connect with other women with a good faithful book study!
Study facilitated by Karen Schwaner Sheehy, M.A. in Theology, St. Thomas More Coordinator of Spirituality and Scripture Studies, and an Ignatian-trained and certified spiritual director.
- Daytime and evening sessions include Tuesday mornings (9:15-11:15 am) or Tuesday evening gatherings (6:30-8:30) on Jan. 9, 16, 23, 30, Feb. 6, 13, 20, 27, and March 5.
- Book Costs: $15.00
- Estimated Home Study Time: 1-2 hours/week
Many of the most touching images in the Catholic imagination are those of the Blessed Virgin Mary and our favorite saints. Imagining the saints and their heroic love for God and others gives modern Christians an accessible means to travel the path of holiness. Devotions, such as praying the rosary, pilgrimages to shrines, and the use of sacramentals (like water, oil, and candles) are important ways in which we, the faithful can learn both genuine spiritual values leading to a life of conversion and practical ways to care for others.
Please consider joining the women of Saint Thomas More as we explore the biblical origins and history of Mary and the saints, the way in which saints are proclaimed today, and the place sacramentals and the apparitions of Mary have in the context of the Church.
My hope is that each participant finds, in this study:
- a faith-based comradery with your fellow sisters in Christ,
- a deeper understanding and appreciation for the role Mary and the saints play in the lives of the faithful,
- a resource that will help explain the place of Mary and the saints within salvation history and current life of the Church
Each class is limited to 25 participants!
Register below and pay in person.
If you have any questions, please contact Karen Sheehy at [email protected] or 725-204-7319